I have created a virtualenv in virtualenvwrapper with mkvirtualenv venv-quran-srs-375 -p python3.7 and activated it. Then switched into the project directory and ran poetry init and specified python3.7.5 as the dependecy as doing python -V inside the virtualenv shows me 3.7.5.
Then I executed poetry add Django and I get this message that it is creating the venv since the activated version is 3.8.5 (which is the version that conda has).
The currently activated Python version 3.8.5 is not supported by the project (3.7.5).
Trying to find and use a compatible version.
Using python3 (3.7.5)
Creating virtualenv quran-srs-ALPX3iit-py3.7 in /Users/siraj/Library/Caches/pypoetry/virtualenvs
Using version ^3.2.8 for Django
I am fairly new to the python world - so, I am not sure whether there is a conflict here between conda and virtualenvwrapper. I even installed pyenv and did pyenv local 3.7.5 before running poetry init, as specified in the docs. But it is not using the env I have created. Can someone help me figure out the problem here...
here is a pretty-print of my path when I am inside the activated virtualenv.
/Users/siraj/.virtualenvs/venv-quran-srs-375/bin
/Users/siraj/.pyenv/shims
/Users/siraj/.local/bin
/Users/siraj/.nvm/versions/node/v16.3.0/bin
/opt/anaconda3/bin
/opt/anaconda3/condabin
/usr/local/bin
/usr/bin
/bin
/usr/sbin
/sbin
and pyenv versions gives this output - I guess here system refers to 3.8.5 installed by conda
system
* 3.7.5 (set by /Users/siraj/Projects/quran-srs/.python-version)
3.9.5