In reality it's much more complex, but let's say my data looks like this:
df <- data.frame(
id = c(1,1,1,2,2,2,2,3,3,3),
event = c(0,0,0,1,1,1,1,0,0,0),
day = c(1,3,3,1,6,6,7,1,4,6),
time = c("2016-10-25 14:00:00", "2016-10-27 12:00:15", "2016-10-27 15:30:00",
"2016-10-23 11:00:00", "2016-10-28 08:00:15", "2016-10-28 23:00:00", "2016-10-29 12:00:00",
"2016-10-24 15:00:00", "2016-10-27 15:00:15", "2016-10-29 16:00:00"))
df$time <- as.POSIXct(df$time)
Output:
id event day time
1 1 0 1 2016-10-25 14:00:00
2 1 0 3 2016-10-27 12:00:15
3 1 0 3 2016-10-27 15:30:00
4 2 1 1 2016-10-23 11:00:00
5 2 1 6 2016-10-28 08:00:15
6 2 1 6 2016-10-28 23:00:00
7 2 1 7 2016-10-29 12:00:00
8 3 0 1 2016-10-24 15:00:00
9 3 0 4 2016-10-27 15:00:15
10 3 0 6 2016-10-29 16:00:00
What I need to do:
If event is 0, I want to keep only the last 24 hours per id. If event is 1, I want to keep the 6th day.
I know how to keep the last 24 hours in general:
library(lubridate)
last_twentyfour_hours <- df %>%
group_by(id) %>%
filter(time > last(time) - hours(24))
But how do i filter differently for each group?
Thank you very much in advance!