I'm new to brew, to be honest. I want to use an earlier version of the Node. The current version I have is node@14.
The Version I've been trying to install is node@9.10.0, I tried installing it using Brew. brew install node@9.10.0
Online, I have followed instructions here
but it keeps throwing me an error, I'm not sure If I'm doing anything wrong here.
Warning: No available formula or cask with the name "node@9". Did you mean node, nodenv, node@12, node@10, node@14 or ode?
==> Searching for similarly named formulae...
These similarly-named formulae were found:
node ✔ nodenv node@12 node@10 node@14 ode
To install one of them, run (for example):
brew install node ✔
==> Searching for a previously deleted formula (in the last month)...
Error: No previously deleted formula found.
==> Searching taps on GitHub...
Error: No formulae found in taps.
I tried Updating brew and I have also tried brew doctor to resolve any kind of complications.
I have also tried uninstalling Node completely and installed it using Brew but any of the methods doesn't seem to work. Should I use a different subcommand instead? Is there a completely different method I should try?
I'm running macOS Bigsur 11.6 and Homebrew 3.2.16