So I'm building a form in HTML that makes use of a lot of checkboxes and hidden Divs. Right now I'm using
function HideDiv1() {
var checkBox = document.getElementById("Check1");
var div = document.getElementById("Div1");
if (checkBox.checked == true) {
div.style.display = "block";
} else {
div.style.display = "none";
}
}
<input type="checkbox" id="Check1">CheckBox to show Div1
<div id="Div1" style="display: none;">I should be hidden, assuming the author didn't mess up!</div>
To hide each div based on the appropriate checkbox. But this means that I am copying and rewriting this function every time and the section where I like to keep my functions is getting quite large. I was wondering if there was an easier way to do this such that I would only need one function and I could dynamically show and hide Divs without needing to copy and rewrite this function every time.
(If there is some easy JQuery solution to this: please keep in mind that I have no clue how to use JQuery)
This may be a duplicate, I saw the answer once before in the past but I have no idea how to find it again :(