I have a python function that pulls all my .md files from a folder and turns them all into html files while also making one big markdown file.
import glob
import os
import markdown
def main():
file_list_md = glob.glob(os.path.join("\\\\servermame\\prod_help_file\\input\\*", "*.md"))
file_list_html = glob.glob(os.path.join("\\\\servername\\prod_help_file\\input\\*", "*.html"))
config = {
'extra': {
'footnotes': {
'UNIQUE_IDS': True
}
}
}
with open('\\\\servername\\prod_help_file\\bigfile.md', 'w') as output:
for x in file_list_md:
with open(x, 'r') as body:
text = body.read()
html = markdown.markdown(text, extensions=['extra'], extension_configs=config)
output.write(html)
y = x.replace('input', 'output')
k = y.replace('.md', '.html')
with open(k, 'w') as output2:
with open(file_list_html[0], 'r') as head:
text = head.read()
output2.write(text)
output2.write(html)
with open(file_list_html[1], 'r') as foot:
text = foot.read()
output2.write(text)
if __name__ == "__main__":
main()
but I have to use the full directory and to keep them in order the files have 5 numbers and an underscore like this:
"C:\\servername\prod_help_file\input\10809_file.md"
and I want the output file to be like this:
"C:\\servername\prod_help_file\output\file.md"
without the numbers or underscore. is there any ways to remove the 5 numbers and underscore only?