I have a web application that requests an OTP through sms and the input for that OTP is 6 individual boxes. The iPhone provides a feature that allows simply clicking the "from messages" quick link after receiving the text message to populate the data in a normal text box. However since I have 6 individual text boxes each limited to maxlength=1, only the first digit of the OTP is provided to the first box.
I have written code that will correctly take the paste command from the user input and parse it to place in the 6 individual boxes, but it does not work when doing the quick action. I have tried capturing "change", "paste", "keyup" and "keypress" events and I am not able to detect that the "from messages" has occurred to do anything with it.
Other than switching to a single text box, is there anything I can do to correctly populate those boxes. I will admit that I am not familiar with the browser capabilities of the iPhone.