I have a github action that wants to test if a specific path has been created, and I'm running into a problem where github has
USERNAME=runneradmin
TMP=C:\Users\RUNNER~1\AppData\Local\Temp
The test script (VIRTUAL_ENV is set by the activate.bat script):
echo on
set "WORKON_HOME=%TMP%\wo home %RANDOM%"
mkdir "%WORKON_HOME%"
cd /d "%WORKON_HOME%"
virtualenv "name with spaces"
cd "name with spaces"
call Scripts\activate.bat
if "%WORKON_HOME%\name with spaces"=="%VIRTUAL_ENV%" (
echo workon home and virtualenv are equal
) else (
echo. "%WORKON_HOME%\name with spaces" is not equal to "%VIRTUAL_ENV%"
)
if "%CD%"=="%VIRTUAL_ENV%" (
echo cd and virtualenv are equal
) else (
echo. "%CD%" is not equal to "%VIRTUAL_ENV%"
)
exit /b 1
The output is (the difference is RUNNER~1 vs runneradmin):
"C:\Users\RUNNER~1\AppData\Local\Temp\wo home 14549\name with spaces" is not equal to "C:\Users\runneradmin\AppData\Local\Temp\wo home 14549\name with spaces"
"C:\Users\RUNNER~1\AppData\Local\Temp\wo home 14549\name with spaces" is not equal to "C:\Users\runneradmin\AppData\Local\Temp\wo home 14549\name with spaces"
The action yaml for completeness:
name: BUG
on: [ push, pull_request, workflow_dispatch ]
jobs:
ci-test:
name: BUG
runs-on: windows-latest
steps:
- uses: actions/checkout@v2
- uses: actions/setup-python@v2
with:
python-version: 3.9
- run: pip install virtualenv
- shell: cmd
run: set
- name: Run tests
shell: cmd
run: |
tests\bug.bat
How can I make the paths compare equal?