Tables recognition using Google Vision API

Viewed 903

I use OCR function (DOCUMENT_TEXT_DETECTION) of Google Vision API to process different medical documents. There are some tables in them. According to Google's documentation there is a special BlockType for tables (https://cloud.google.com/vision/docs/reference/rpc/google.cloud.vision.v1#blocktype), however, I can not get this sort of block in a response from Google even in a case when existence of a table is obvious. Does anybody know the reason of such behavior? Do I need to use special options or methods to detect tables using Google Vision API? An example of a table I tried to process: attachment

1 Answers

I found out your question about tables in Google Vision API in Google Forum. The short answer: tables (as blockType) aren't supported now (10/21/2021) but there is a feature request with minor priority: Google Vision API Issue Tracker

I would recommend you to use Document AI: Document AI. I checked and it returned meta info about tables.

Related