Brackets unable to access the extension registry

Viewed 5744

Everytime I open the extenstion registry, I get this error:

"Unable to access the extension registry. Try again later"

My internet connection is very stable and everything is fine. Also, I don't see this error with my Macbook, which uses the same wifi connection. I am now using windows and this error occur. What should I do? I don't see any clear solution even after searching on google.

3 Answers

There is a solution!

Copied from a reddit post:


Hey there,

Brackets is not dead! The only problem on current installations is a broken extension manager functionality. A direct, transparent transfer of the registry to the new domain wasn't possible because of Adobe's implementation of SSL. A quick fix for this is simple, we just have to edit config.json:

  • Locate your Brackets installation in your filesystem

  • Go to /www/config.json and open it up to edit

  • Find this: "extension_registry": "https://s3.amazonaws.com/extend.brackets/registry.json",

  • Change to: "extension_registry": "http://registry.brackets.s3.amazonaws.com/registry.json",

  • Find this: "extension_url": "https://s3.amazonaws.com/extend.brackets/{0}/{0}-{1}.zip",

  • Change to: "extension_url": "http://registry.brackets.s3.amazonaws.com/{0}-{1}.zip",

  • Save and (re)start Brackets, the extension manager should work again


I welcome you to see more comments there in the original post.

for my Mac, it was simply this command in the terminal to open the config:

open /Applications/Brackets.app/Contents/www/config.json -a Brackets

Brackets is not being supported anymore, that's why U can't connect the extenstion registry.

Just replace config.json on www folder with this config.json. Do not rename the file just replace at there. Then restart your Brackets Text Editor. This works for windows

Related