I'm trying to find out what type of OS(Win or Linux) my Service Fabric cluster is running on once you are connected to it. I need to determine the OS type the SF cluster is running on, so I can modify the ServiceManifest.xml endpoints names of Application endpoints accordingly. On Windows your endpoint needs to have '.exe' but if you deploy your service to a Linux cluster it's without it
Windows
<EntryPoint>
<ExeHost>
<Program>MyApp.exe</Program>
</ExeHost>
</EntryPoint>
Linux
<EntryPoint>
<ExeHost>
<Program>MyApp</Program>
</ExeHost>
</EntryPoint>
I want to have only one ServiceManifest.xml in project and modify it accordingly
I've looked at sfctl and PowerShell CLI utility, but I can't find any info about what OS the clusters are running on.
Any idea how to determine the OS type once you connect to the cluster
Update: I've found that if your cluster is running in Azure cloud you can use
az sf cluster list and there you can find vmImage="Windows" property. But you can't use this on localhost