this is my first question so please point me to the right direction in case I miss something of importance ☺️
So my problem is the following:
I'm currently creating a website with Django, which is supposed to list a variety of projects from the database. Each project has a picture associated with it. The path to this picture is saved in the database (each picture is added as models.ImageField() to the projects model). In order to serve them, I added MEDIA_ROOT = os.path.join(BASE_DIR, 'main/media') to my settings.py and added the following snippet to my urlpatternsin urls.py: + static(settings.MEDIA_URL, document_root=settings.MEDIA_ROOT)
Now to the crux of it: Everything works fine, except I can't open my admin panel now. The media files are served as expected in the projects overview, but at soon as I try to open the /admin page, I get following error message:
Page not found (404)
“/Users/.../main/media/admin” does not exist
Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://127.0.0.1:8000/admin/
Raised by: django.views.static.serve
as soon as I remove + static(settings.MEDIA_URL, document_root=settings.MEDIA_ROOT) from my url patterns, the admin page works fine again, however the media files are not served anymore.
Can someone show me what I've broken here? Thank you very much!