Unable to find a valid SDK for Mac

Viewed 2263

I tried install UE5 to my MacBook Pro m1. When I try create new project I got this error.

ERROR: Unable to find a valid SDK for Mac. Found Version: 13.0. Must be between 11.0.0 and 12.9.9 If your Studio has it set up, you can run this command to find the SDK to install: RunUAT Turnkey -command=InstallSdk -platform=Mac -BestAvailable Creating makefile for MyProjectEditor (no existing makefile) ERROR: Platform Mac is not a valid platform to build. Check that the SDK is installed properly.

I searched on internet but I can't find anything related with this error. How can I create new project?

2 Answers

You can also build the engine from source on branch ue5-main. It worked for my M1 Max Mac

The Version 13.0 is referring to the clang version that is hosted in the Xcode.app. (clang --version)

I was able to get UE5 to compile again by downloading the older copy of Xcode 12.5.1 that includes clang version 12.0.5

(https://developer.apple.com/download/all/)

Related