Interface Microsoft.IDialog is not defined while running schema merge

Viewed 102

I used the Bot Framework Composer to create a new bot with the Enterprise People Bot template.

Creating a new enterprise people bot with the bot framework composer

I opened the created solution with Visual Studio and wanted to add a custom action as described in the article Create custom actions.

The final step is to merge schema files.

The executed powershell script gives the following output:

Running schema merge.
Finding component files
Parsing component .schema files
Merging component schemas
Error GetManagerDialog.dialog: Interface Microsoft.IDialog is not defined
Error GetProfileDialog.dialog: Interface Microsoft.IDialog is not defined
Error ResolveUserDialog.dialog: Interface Microsoft.IDialog is not defined


*** Could not merge components ***
Schema merge failed. Restoring previous versions.

After some struggeling, I skipped the part to create a custom action but just opened the automatically created solution and immediately executed the powershell script: Same error!

What does

Interface Microsoft.IDialog is not defined

mean?

As this is pure sample code wI didn't change anything, I am wondering how this should work and why I am getting this error.

1 Answers

Did you added reference to this library in the custom action :

Add a reference to the Microsoft.Bot.Builder.Adaptive.Runtime package

Related