My code is very simple:
var thisWorkBook = WorkBook.LoadExcel(path);
I have a manual workaround where I go into the file via Excel/Google Sheets and remove a column. That works. For some reason.
The .xlsx file is a work schedule that has the following organization:
File name: Schedule-2021-10-12
sheet1[hourly - position1]:
| Employee ID | Employee | Position | Date (e.g. 10/12/2021) | Total Hours | Unpaid Breaks | Hourly Rate | Total |
|---|
After the each entry belonging to position1 is listed, column A tallies up cost
sheet2[Schedule - position1]
| Date | Employee | Employee ID | Position | Schedule | Site | Start | End | Unpaid Break | Total Hours | Labor Cost | Status | Notes |
|---|
Now, the Date in this sheet is not formatted the same way as in sheet1 e.g. 10/12/2021 12:00:00 PM. Removing this column stops the code from throwing the exception. I'd leave it at that except there are 14 sheet in total, 7 of which have that date format, but I only have to remove the column from the first of those sheets to fix the exception. Renaming the file doesn't fix the exception. I didn't expect it to, but black magic and all that.
I found some documentation in IronXL that there's a method I can load 'options' into. However, I'm fairly new the programming and don't know what kind of options I can add or if this could even solve my problem.