I'm trying to get gRPC running in Unreal Engine 4, using the conan-ue4cli tool. I use the provided grpc-ue4 recipe linked here: https://github.com/adamrehn/ue4-conan-recipes/tree/master/grpc-ue4
While running ue4 conan build "grpc-ue4" an error is thrown "Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Protobuf""
Output:
...
-- Looking for pthread.h
-- Looking for pthread.h - not found
-- Found Threads: TRUE
-- Found c-ares: C:/Users/Redux Gamer/.conan/data/cares-ue4/1.16.1/adamrehn/4.27/package/7333dc905312a2df09e78e1a60d59e628a5f0321/lib/cmake/c-ares/c-ares-config.cmake (found suitable version "1.16.1", minimum required is "1.13.0")
CMake Error at cmake/protobuf.cmake:58 (find_package):
Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Protobuf" with any
of the following names:
ProtobufConfig.cmake
protobuf-config.cmake
Add the installation prefix of "Protobuf" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
"Protobuf_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files. If
"Protobuf" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has
been installed.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:224 (include)
-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "C:/.conan/9d531a/1/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "C:/.conan/9d531a/1/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
grpc-ue4/1.30.2@adamrehn/4.27:
grpc-ue4/1.30.2@adamrehn/4.27: ERROR: Package 'bf9f4e336e64d98ce96ba6aaac093ac1ff3705d4' build failed
grpc-ue4/1.30.2@adamrehn/4.27: WARN: Build folder C:\.conan\9d531a\1
ERROR: grpc-ue4/1.30.2@adamrehn/4.27: Error in build() method, line 98
cmake.configure(source_folder="grpc", args=self.cmake_flags())
ConanException: Error 1 while executing cd C:\.conan\9d531a\1 && ...
I'm running Windows 10, UE4.27, python 3.7.8, cmake 3.21.3. I tried searching for the missing protobuf-config.cmake but it also can't be found in the conan or project folder.
Any suggestions or pointers where to look would be greatly appreciated.
The responsible conan-file is here: https://github.com/adamrehn/ue4-conan-recipes/tree/master/grpc-ue4/1.30.2