PyCharm save console output to a file not working

Viewed 494

My program has a very long output (a lot of print) and I can't find a way to make PyCharm shows all output history, PyCharm only shows the few latest output in the run window. So instead I want to save the console output to a file so that I can see all output history

enter image description here

But it doesn't work? Where is the log file?

enter image description here

It says in the run window that PyCharm is saving the console output to a file, but where? I can't find it.

enter image description here

1 Answers

After some tinkering with PyCharm, I found what seems likely to be a bug in PyCharm. PyCharm doesn't save console output to a file if the path points to a directory but not to a file

enter image description here

adding \log.log to the end of the path solves this issue:

enter image description here

I didn't create log.log file, PyCharm created the file when I run the program:

enter image description here

Related