What are the major difference between ElasticSearch and OpenSearch?

Viewed 4292

We are planning to leverage OpenSearch for the XDR kind of project. We want to leverage most of the major features like Alerting, Detection, Machine Learning for Anomaly Detection, etc. So, I want to know that, are there any downsides of using OpenSearch instead of Elasticsearch for this particular use case.

I also didn’t find any proper comparison between Elasticsearch vs OpenSearch over the internet. So, can someone please provide the link or resource where I can have a detailed comparison?

1 Answers

OpenSearch is provided by AWS is it a kind of forked of ElasticSearch solution. Here you have the feature provided by OpenSearch. Your feature requests are present on this list.

To have more details and a nuanced point of view, you have to read this post provided by ElasticSearch.

And a paper that make a part of comparaison.

Related