I have a dataframe below as an example. I want to iterate through each wag number and select only columns A or B based on its last value. For example if we look at wag == 1 then last value of A == 3 whereas last value of B == 34 so then I only interested in column A as its value is less and so on through all wags. Finally, I want to have a list as below:
foo_list = [[10, 8, 7, 3], [15, 12, 5], [1, 2, 2, 1]]
import pandas as pd
foo = pd.DataFrame({
'wag' : [1, 1, 1, 1, 44, 44, 44, 56, 56, 56, 56],
'A' : [10, 8, 7, 3, 13, 22, 18, 43, 40, 38, 12],
'B' : [55, 48, 37, 34, 15, 12, 5, 1, 2, 2, 1]
})
In reality, it can be many column to compare not only 2 as I showed. And all the time I need to store in list columns with minimum last value amoung others. I thought about for loop, but cannot think how to compare columns with each other and then select the one I want.