I just started learning javascript and I'm trying to add an element to an object I previously created but I get an error that property does not exist.
I cant seem to find the issue, maybe its a syntax error but i cant seem to see it so maybe someone can help me spot it if thats the case?
This is the object >
const restaurant = {
name: 'Classico Italiano',
location: 'Via Angelo Tavanti 23, Firenze, Italy',
categories: ['Italian', 'Pizzeria', 'Vegetarian', 'Organic'],
starterMenu: ['Focaccia', 'Bruschetta', 'Garlic Bread', 'Caprese Salad'],
mainMenu: ['Pizza', 'Pasta', 'Risotto'],
openingHours: {
thu: {
open: 12,
close: 22,
},
fri: {
open: 11,
close: 23,
},
sat: {
open: 0, // Open 24 hours
close: 24,
},
},
orderD: function ({
orderName = 'ANON',
address = 'ANON',
time = '00:00',
order = 'ANON',
}) {
console.log(`${orderName} has ordered (${order}) to ${address} at ${time}`);
},
orderPizza: function (mainIngredient, ...otheringredients) {
console.log(mainIngredient);
console.log(otheringredients);
},
};
Then here I tried to add an element to it.
restaurant.numOfGuests = 0;
but then it highlights the element name saying
Property 'numOfGuests' does not exist on type '{ name: string; location: string; categories: string[]; starterMenu: string[]; mainMenu: string[]; openingHours: { thu: { open: number; close: number; }; fri: { open: number; close: number; }; sat: { open: number; close: number; }; }; orderD: ({ orderName, address, time, order, }: { ...; }) => void; orderPizza: (mai...'.ts(2339)
I tried to ignore it and move on but then when i tried logging the new element to the console
console.log(numOfGuests);
It gave me this error
Uncaught ReferenceError: numOfGuests is not defined