Add and Change Metadata of an Audio (e.g., MP3s) in Entire Directory or Folder?

Viewed 115

Could you please help me add and change the metadata of music in the entire directory or folder? I created a Python script/command that changes the audio metadata, only applicable on a single file or single audio. You can see the script below, but all I need to know is how I can execute in a one-time process to change the metadata of many audio files located in one folder or one directory. I hope anyone can help me with this. TIA.

Change Metadata of an Audio (e.g., MP3) on Colab:

    #@title » Change-Audio-Metadata
    import os, sys, re
    
    audio_file_path = "" #@param {type:"string"}
    
    output_file_path = re.search("^[\/].+\/", audio_file_path)
    output_file_path_raw = output_file_path.group(0)
    delsplit = re.search("\/(?:.(?!\/))+$", audio_file_path)
    filename = re.sub("^[\/]", "", delsplit.group(0))
    filename_raw = re.sub(".{4}$", "", filename)
    file_extension = re.search(".{3}$", filename)
    file_extension_raw = file_extension.group(0)
    
    os.environ['inputFile'] = audio_file_path
    os.environ['outputPath'] = output_file_path_raw
    os.environ['fileName'] = filename_raw
    os.environ['fileExtension'] = file_extension_raw
    !ffmpeg -hide_banner -i "$inputFile" -metadata comment="SAMPLECOMMENT" -metadata note="SAMPLENOTE" -codec copy "$outputPath"/"$fileName"-OK.mp3

Again, that is only applicable in a single audio file; all I need is to add and change the metadata of an audio (e.g., MP3s) in the entire directory or folder script/command.

0 Answers
Related