In a Blazor Component that uses JS interop, how can I iterate through a JavaScript array-like object?
Take the following example:
@inject IJSRuntime _js
@code {
protected override async Task OnAfterRenderAsync(bool firstRender)
{
if (firstRender)
{
var elements = await _js.InvokeAsync<IJSObjectReference>("document.getElementsByClassName", "foo");
// This loop does not compile, because IJSObjectReference is not IEnumerable:
foreach (var x in elements)
{
[...]
}
}
}
}
I tried using InvokeAsync<IEnumerable>(...), InvokeAsync<IJSObjectReference[]>(...) and InvokeAsync<IEnumerable<IJSObjectReference>>(...), but they throw exceptions:
Unhandled exception rendering component: "An exception occurred executing JS interop: The JSON value could not be converted to System.Collections.IEnumerable. Path: $ | LineNumber: 0 | BytePositionInLine: 1.. See InnerException for more details."
I tried casting the IJSObjectReference to IEnumerable, but it also throws an exception:
Unhandled exception rendering component: "Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.JSInterop.Implementation.JSObjectReference' to type 'System.Collections.IEnumerable'."
The documentation explains how to call JavaScript methods from Blazor and how to call methods on the returned JavaScript objects, but it does not mention iteration.