I am trying to use quaternion rotation using the quaternion from JOML: https://github.com/JOML-CI/JOML/blob/main/src/org/joml/Quaternionf.java.
I can get objects to rotate but they get stuck and are unable to complete a full rotation. The object is being updated every frame.
Edit: Removed all euler related code and am simply trying to get the object to rotate on a single axis based on a certain angle.
Edit 2: Am trying to use the conjugate and multiplying the quaternions together like I have seen in some videos. I'm not quite there though as the model spins itself off the screen for some reason.
Edit 3: Normalizing the quaternion fixed the disappearing behaviour. The issue seems to be that there's no simple way to rotate a certain amount without either having a timer to lerp over which will not work in my case as I am trying to rotate an object an arbitrary amount with no set beginning and end.
Rotation function
public void rotate(float angle, float x, float y, float z) {
Quaternionf rot = new Quaternionf();
rot.rotateAxis((float) Math.toRadians(angle), x, y, z);
Quaternionf conjugate = rot.conjugate();
rotation = rot.mul(rotation).mul(conjugate);
}
Calling the rotation function
entity.transform.rotate( 1,0,1, 0);