GPU Pytorch with CUDA10.2 and GPU Pytorch with CUDA11.1

Viewed 1679

I have been trying to test the installation of the GPU-enabled Pytorch on Windows using Anaconda, and had the following observations:

Whether the version is Stable (1.9.1) or LTS(1.8.2),(conda install pytorch torchvision torchaudio cudatoolkit=10.2 -c pytorch )I have to choose CUDA 10.2 and the test of CUDA will pass

Import torch
Torch.cuda.is_available()
True

if I choose CUDA11.1, the installation will fail to pass the following test

import torch
torch.cuda.is_available()
False

Here is the system information for the reference; I am not clear why I cannot use CUDA11.1 in the Pytorch installation, and what are the criteria to choose it?

enter image description here

enter image description here

Here is the command I used to install Pytorch with CUDA11.1

conda install pytorch torchvision torchaudio cudatoolkit=11.1 -c pytorch -c conda-forge

Here is the information I run the env collection script:

Collecting environment information...
PyTorch version: 1.9.0+cpu
Is debug build: False
CUDA used to build PyTorch: Could not collect
ROCM used to build PyTorch: N/A

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
GCC version: (MinGW.org GCC-6.3.0-1) 6.3.0
Clang version: Could not collect
CMake version: version 3.20.2
Libc version: N/A

Python version: 3.8.12 | packaged by conda-forge | (default, Sep 29 2021, 19:15:57) [MSC v.1916 64 bit (AMD64)] (64-bit runtime)
Python platform: Windows-10-10.0.19043-SP0
Is CUDA available: False
CUDA runtime version: 11.2.67
GPU models and configuration: Could not collect
Nvidia driver version: Could not collect
cuDNN version: Could not collect
HIP runtime version: N/A
MIOpen runtime version: N/A

Versions of relevant libraries:
[pip3] botorch==0.5.0
[pip3] gpytorch==1.5.0
[pip3] numpy==1.20.3
[pip3] torch==1.9.0
[pip3] torchaudio==0.9.1
[pip3] torchvision==0.10.1
[conda] blas                      2.111                       mkl    conda-forge
[conda] blas-devel                3.9.0              11_win64_mkl    conda-forge
[conda] cudatoolkit               11.1.1               heb2d755_9    conda-forge
[conda] libblas                   3.9.0              11_win64_mkl    conda-forge
[conda] libcblas                  3.9.0              11_win64_mkl    conda-forge
[conda] liblapack                 3.9.0              11_win64_mkl    conda-forge
[conda] liblapacke                3.9.0              11_win64_mkl    conda-forge
[conda] mkl                       2021.3.0           hb70f87d_564    conda-forge
[conda] mkl-devel                 2021.3.0           h57928b3_565    conda-forge
[conda] mkl-include               2021.3.0           hb70f87d_564    conda-forge
[conda] numpy                     1.21.2           py38h089cfbf_0    conda-forge
[conda] pytorch                   1.9.1           py3.8_cuda11.1_cudnn8_0    pytorch
[conda] torchaudio                0.9.1                      py38    pytorch
[conda] torchvision               0.10.1               py38_cu111    pytorch
0 Answers
Related