The task is as follows
Write a program that would run another process in memory and leave it running in an infinite loop. When the program is restarted, it must remove the previously started process from memory (you can use kill).
#include <stdio.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <signal.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <spawn.h>
#include <sys/wait.h>
int main(void){
int pid = getpid(); // we find out the PID of the current process and store it in a variable
FILE *file = fopen("example.txt", "r"); // getting information from a file about a child process
int filePid = 0;
fscanf(file, "%d", filePid);
fclose(file);
switch (filePid){
case -1:{ // if there is no child process, then run it and write the PID to a file
filePid = fork();
file = fopen("example.txt", "w");
fprintf(file, "%d", filePid);
fclose(file);
break;
}
case 0:{ // if this process is a child, then we go into an infinite loop
for(;;){
sleep(7); // waiting for seven seconds so that the system is not heavily loaded
}
break;
}
default:{ // if this program is started again with a child process, then we send a signal to the child process
kill(filePid, SIGKILL); // we send a signal to the child process so that it ends, and after that we write the information to the file
file = fopen("example.txt", "w"); // we write information to the file that the child process is missing
fprintf(file, "%d", -1);
fclose(file);
}
}
return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}
/Yes, I have to do it through the qnx operating system./
the errors are as follows..I'm a little confused with getpid, because I haven't used the pid variable anywhere.

and another mistake.
I will be grateful for your help.since I'm a little confused...
UPD:
I can't get the value 0
UPD: how could it execute both cases, i mean "if" and "else" blocks at the same time?


