How to push feature branch in gerrit

Viewed 280

While working with Gerrit, I created a new feature branch from master locally and then pushed it to the remote repository. That part works fine and the new branch can be seen on the remote.

But when I commit to that feature branch and try to push it, all my changes go to master branch. I don't understand why?

I double checked my location by running git branch (it is pointing to my feature branch)

Please explain what's going on here.

1 Answers

git branch is not enough: try and check the output of git branch -avv to see local and remote tracking branches.

Combine that with git status, to check which branch you are currently using.

Then you can make sure:

  • you actually are using feature branch
  • feature branch is indeed linked to an upstream branch.

But in the case of Gerrit, make sure to push using the right URL: see Gerrit push.

Related