I have a simple page with a <video> element and I am testing it with a simple server I run with python (python -m http.server). I've also tried with JavaScript http-server and I'm getting the same results.
I've been testing mostly in Firefox for now, but it used to work in Chrome and Opera. However, today I tried to open the page and it's only working in Firefox. The video doesn't appear in Chrome, Opera and Edge. When I go to the console, I get the following issues:
Chrome:
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://fheoggkfdfchfphceeifdbepaooicaho/sourceMap/chrome/iframe_handler.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://fheoggkfdfchfphceeifdbepaooicaho/sourceMap/chrome/content.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
Opera:
Unchecked runtime.lastError: Invalid color name.
Error handling response: TypeError: Cannot destructure property 'h' of 'undefined' as it is undefined.
at chrome-extension://hhckidpbkbmoeejbddojbdgidalionif/components/video_toolbar.js:310:46
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (File not found)
Edge:
Doesn't even show issues.
If I open the html file directly, without the server, the video appears in all browsers, but I'm also displaying .vtt captions, so I need to test with the server.
What I have is a very simple <video> element:
<div class="video">
<video id="vid" controls>
<source src="some_video.mp4" type="video/mp4">
<track kind="subtitles" src="some_captions.vtt" srclang="en" default>
</video>
</div>
I've read that I should disable extensions, but I really haven't installed any in these browsers. I've also read that I should disable JavaScript and CSS source maps, but that didn't really work.