In Python the data structure looks like this: [([1 2 3], [8 9 10])] (a list of tuple, where tuple is of size 2, and each tuple element is a list again)
How would I represent the same in Scheme r5rs?
This is what I tried: (list (cons `(1 2 3) `(8 9 10)))
But running (display (list (cons `(1 2 3) `(8 9 10)))) gives (((1 2 3) 8 9 10)) whereas I want (((1 2 3) (8 9 10)))
Edit
Using only lists (as per @Will Ness answer here):
(list ; a pair of elements,
(list 1 2 3) ; 1 each is itself
(list 8 9 10))) ; 2 a list
works.
And I can access the 2nd element of the tuple by
(cadr (car x)) which gives (8 9 10) (which is correct)
I was just thinking how would I build this up using cons since my tuple will only contain 2 elements and from what I know cons are used to represent a pair in Scheme. Any ideas on how to do this using cons?