In my umbrella Helm chart, I defined a dependency to Redis:
apiVersion: v2
appVersion: "1.0"
description: A Helm chart for Kubernetes
name: my-project
version: 0.1.0
dependencies:
- name: redis
version: ~6.2.x
repository: https://charts.bitnami.com/bitnami
At time of writing, the latest version is 6.2.6 (see https://bitnami.com/stack/redis/helm).
But when I execute helm dependency update my-project, Helm downloads version 6.2.0 instead of 6.2.6.
When I try to install my chart, it fails:
Error: INSTALLATION FAILED: unable to build kubernetes objects from release manifest: [unable to recognize "": no matches for kind "Deployment" in version "extensions/v1beta1", unable to recognize "": no matches for kind "StatefulSet" in version "apps/v1beta2"]
Without the dependency to Redis, my chart installs fine.
I also tried to point at that specific Redis version in chart.yaml, but then helm dependency list returns:
NAME VERSION REPOSITORY STATUS
redis 6.2.6 https://charts.bitnami.com/bitnami wrong version
I'm running Kubernetes in Docker Desktop on my laptop. The versions I'm using:
- Helm version: 3.7.0-rc.2
- K8s server: 1.21.2
- K8s client: 1.21.4
When I install Redis independently using helm install my-release bitnami/redis, the installation succeeds.
How do I use Redis 6.2.6 as a dependency in my chart?