So I'm trying to init an existing "react-ts" amplify project, which has about 8 services configured in it. When I run amplify push, everything seems to be good and successful except the following, which I get this error:
Resource Name: 2021/10/08/[$LATEST]c1c602b361e347ad83d49f77293e6aae (Custom::LambdaCallout)
Event Type: create
Reason: Received response status [FAILED] from custom resource. Message returned: See the details in CloudWatch Log Stream: 2021/10/08/[$LATEST]c1c602b361e347ad83d49f77293e6aae (RequestId: 90c39ffc-b3ee-4830-ae87-7df3cd3a0770)
and here is the log on cloudwatch for the given address:
2021-10-08T06:28:37.448Z d30823f5-a9f8-4d7e-a823-dd53b298a2fb INFO Response body:
{
"Status": "FAILED",
"Reason": "See the details in CloudWatch Log Stream: 2021/10/08/[$LATEST]3b533dd8fb9a43bc921cfe635d2bc945",
"PhysicalResourceId": "2021/10/08/[$LATEST]3b533dd8fb9a43bc921cfe635d2bc945",
"StackId": "arn:aws:cloudformation:us-east-1:474847889857:stack/amplify-storyliner-staging-44500-authstorylinerb9277983-1V5J90W5KFK1A/cef02b40-2800-11ec-bcb5-0adb3c7f2f15",
"RequestId": "f7b5fc9e-0a46-43ae-bf7e-eb19fb81285e",
"LogicalResourceId": "MFALambdaInputs",
"NoEcho": false,
"Data": {
"err": {
"message": "User: arn:aws:sts::474847889857:assumed-role/storylb9277983_totp_lambda_role-staging/amplify-storyliner-staging-44500-authsto-MFALambda-tA8KTT12iWvY is not authorized to perform: iam:PassRole on resource: arn:aws:iam::474847889857:role/snsb927798344500-staging because no identity-based policy allows the iam:PassRole action",
"code": "AccessDeniedException",
"time": "2021-10-08T06:28:37.445Z",
"requestId": "3978bf89-5872-460d-b991-c3cd4e5280e1",
"statusCode": 400,
"retryable": false,
"retryDelay": 38.192028876441576
}
}
}
I tried to create the role "snsb927798344500-staging" and add the needed policies but once I try to re-run the amplify push command I get an error saying the snsb927798344500-staging already exist.
so I think it is the amplify that creates the role on every push and it is deleting it after the process is failed. which is the reason I'm not able to see the "snsb927798344500-staging" role again after the push process.