I have a dataframe as shown below of type: pandas.core.frame.DataFrame
newdf = pd.DataFrame([
[0, "Hello, How are you?", 1],
["I wish, we could get it right", 0, 0],
[0, "Hey there, hope you are doing well", 0]],
columns=['Mon','Tue','Wed'])
newdf
|Mon | Tue | Wed |
|:------------------------------|:----------------------------------:|-----:|
| 0 | Hello, How are you? | 1 |
|I wish, we could get it right | 0 | 0 |
| 0 |Hey there, hope you are doing well | 0 |
I want to save it as CSV and upload in MySQL, but there are strings with "," in sentences
I want to replace all "," with either "" or "-"
I tried
newdf1 = newdf.replace(",","-")
No change in the dataframe
Please help in replacing characters within the string in a DataFrame.
I have used .replace() earlier to change the entire element of a cell and it worked, but now I want to read inside a string and perform operation.