agent ??= new https.Agent({ ...this.client.options.http.agent, keepAlive: true });

Viewed 4907

So I'm learning how to make bot on discord using discord.js

this is my bot.js

require("dotenv").config();
const { Client } = require('discord.js');
const client = new Client();
client.login(process.env.DISCORD_TOKEN_KEY);

this is my package.json file:

{
  "name": "aibot",
  "version": "1.0.0",
  "description": "",
  "main": "index.js",
  "scripts": {
    "test": "echo \"Error: no test specified\" && exit 1",
    "start": "node ./src/bot.js",
    "dev": "nodemon ./src/bot.js"
  },
  "keywords": [],
  "author": "",
  "license": "ISC",
  "dependencies": {
    "discord.js": "^13.2.0",
    "dotenv": "^10.0.0"
  }
}

So when I run node ./src/bot.js I am getting this error:

PS E:\RIYA\AIBOT> node -v
v14.18.0

PS E:\RIYA\AIBOT> node ./src/bot.js
E:\RIYA\AIBOT\node_modules\discord.js\src\rest\APIRequest.js:33
    agent ??= new https.Agent({ ...this.client.options.http.agent, keepAlive: true });
          ^^^

SyntaxError: Unexpected token '??='
    at wrapSafe (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1001:16)
    at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1049:27)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1114:10)
    at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:950:32)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:790:12)
    at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:974:19)
    at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:93:18)
    at Object.<anonymous> (E:\RIYA\AIBOT\node_modules\discord.js\src\rest\RESTManager.js:4:20)
    at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1085:14)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1114:10)

What shall I do? I don't know much about NodeJs and I'm not able to figure out how to solve this issue.

2 Answers

You have to update node.js to v16.6 or later, as per the docs (scroll down to "Installation").

You need to update your Node to version 16.6.0 or newer to work and modify your

2nd and 3rd lines

of code to:

const { Client, Intents } = require('discord.js');
const client = new Client({ intents: [Intents.FLAGS.GUILDS] });

To prevent

[Symbol(code)]: 'CLIENT_MISSING_INTENTS' error

Read More from the documentation https://discord.js.org/#/docs/main/stable/general/welcome

Related