I was following the tutorial of Chainlink docs at https://docs.chain.link/docs/advanced-tutorial/ to make an API call from my smart contract. However, I am still not able to understand the function setPublicChainlinkToken() that is being called in the constructor of APIConsumer.
I am trying to fetch the temperature of a city through the API call. But my contract gives an error in compilation saying:
APIConsumer hit a require or revert statement somewhere in its constructor
The above error is very generic and I am unable to understand what is the issue. Below is my contract code and the script which I am using to deploy it.
What params do I need to pass in the deploy script?
APIConsumer contract
// SPDX-License-Identifier: MIT
pragma solidity ^0.6.0;
import "@chainlink/contracts/src/v0.6/ChainlinkClient.sol";
/**
* THIS IS AN EXAMPLE CONTRACT WHICH USES HARDCODED VALUES FOR CLARITY.
* PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS CODE IN PRODUCTION.
*/
contract APIConsumer is ChainlinkClient {
using Chainlink for Chainlink.Request;
uint256 public temperature;
address private oracle;
bytes32 private jobId;
uint256 private fee;
constructor () public {
setPublicChainlinkToken(); // Do I need to pass any params for this?
// if (_link == address(0)) {
// setPublicChainlinkToken();
// } else {
// setChainlinkToken(_link);
// }
// setPublicChainlinkToken();
oracle = <oracle id>; // Removed oracle id and jobid values for post
jobId = <job id>;
fee = 0.1 * 10 ** 18; // 0.1 LINK (Varies by network and job)
}
/**
* Create a Chainlink request to retrieve API response, find the target
* data, then multiply by 1000000000000000000 (to remove decimal places from data).
*/
function requestVolumeData() public returns (bytes32 requestId)
{
Chainlink.Request memory request = buildChainlinkRequest(jobId, address(this), this.fulfill.selector);
// Set the URL to perform the GET request on
// "https://min-api.cryptocompare.com/data/pricemultifull?fsyms=ETH&tsyms=USD"
request.add("get", "http://api.weatherstack.com/current?access_key=7940b0c1136901badcb304724132b234&query=Mumbai");
// Set the path to find the desired data in the API response, where the response format is:
// {"RAW":
// {"ETH":
// {"USD":
// {
// "VOLUME24HOUR": xxx.xxx,
// }
// }
// }
// }
request.add("path", "current.temperature");
// Multiply the result by 1000000000000000000 to remove decimals
// int timesAmount = 10**18;
// request.addInt("times", timesAmount);
// Sends the request
return sendChainlinkRequestTo(oracle, request, fee);
}
/**
* Receive the response in the form of uint256
*/
function fulfill(bytes32 _requestId, uint256 _temperature) public recordChainlinkFulfillment(_requestId)
{
temperature = _temperature;
}
// function withdrawLink() external {} - Implement a withdraw function to avoid locking your LINK in the contract
}
Javascript Script To Deploy:
const APIConsumer = artifacts.require("APIConsumer");
module.exports = async (deployer, network, [defaultAccount]) => {
try {
await deployer.deploy(APIConsumer);
} catch (err) {
console.error(err);
}
};