My question is similar to this one. I have a solution, A, which contains projects B and C:
A
|-B ---> B.nupkg
| ^
|-C ------|
In the past, C used a project reference to B. Now, I've converted B so that it generates a NuGet package when I build (<GeneratePackageOnBuild>true</GeneratePackageOnBuild> in B.csproj), and I reference this in C. I do this because many consumers only want B but not C.
So now if I want to make a change to B and debug it, I have to do the following:
- Build the solution
- Copy
B.nupkgfrombin\Debugto a central location - Rebuild the solution again (and possibly clear my NuGet caches)
- Run
In past, with project references, all I had to do was build and run after chaning B and I could step through my newly changed code. How do I get back to the one-click process I had before with project references? Is there a way to use project references in Debug mode and NuGet packages in Release mode?