Installing PerlMagick7 on Windows Strawberry Perl

Viewed 198

I'm trying to install perl module Image::Magick (version 7.0.11) on Windows 10 with Strawberry perl 5.32. I have read and tried many of the things suggested that I found online however none is recent and none has worked for me. I've installed ImageMagick-7.1.0-9-Q8-x64-dll (checked 'adding paths' and 'include header files'). Seems there is still a problem with finding the right files. cpan Image::Magick always errors out with

gcc -c   -s -O2 -DWIN32 -DWIN64 -DCONSERVATIVE -D__USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO -DPERL_TEXTMODE_SCRIPTS -DPER
L_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_SYS -DUSE_PERLIO -fwrapv -fno-strict-aliasing -mms-bitfields -s -O
2   -DVERSION=\"7.0.11\" -DXS_VERSION=\"7.0.11\"  "-IC:\STRAWB~1\perl\lib\CORE"  -D_LARGE_FILES=1 -DH
AVE_CONFIG_H Magick.c
Magick.xs:56:10: fatal error: MagickCore/MagickCore.h: No such file or directory
 #include <MagickCore/MagickCore.h>
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What am I missing?

1 Answers

The Makefile.PL uses the tools identify.exe or convert.exe to determine the location of the header files. If you did not install those tools it cannot find the headers.

You need to check the checkbox "Install legacy utilities (e.g. convert)" when running the setup program ImageMagick-7.1.0-9-Q8-x64-dll.exe ImageMagick:

enter image description here

Related