When I manually call:
player.currentTime = player.duration
(1) The video currentTime jumps to the end (desired and expected)
(2) The video starts playback from the start when I click play (desired and expected)
(3) The video does not update to show the last frame (undesired and unexpected)
Currently, I am having to do this:
player.currentTime = player.duration - 0.0001
player.play()
Which causes the video to jump close to the end and then resumes playback and then almost immediately stops when it hits the end, which fixes my problem in that the video now shows the last frame.
However, this feels somewhat hacky and cannot be as fast as simply just setting the current time. Is there a better fix? thanks
NOTE: the seek to end operation must support code programmatic code execution (e.g. code execution in response to a button click). I am NOT using the players built in seek/scrub bar (which works fine).