Elasticsearch migration to AWS

Viewed 494

I am trying to migrate my Elasticsearch data from elastic.co to AWS.
I have created S3 bucket and integrated the elastic.co to a snapshot repository.
I have created a snapshot pointing to the S3 repository.
After verifying that the snapshot was successfully uploaded to the S3 bucket, I have created a new Elasticsearch on AWS.
I have created a snapshot repository with the same S3 bucket on the new Elasticsearch using the following doc:
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/opensearch-service/latest/developerguide/managedomains-snapshots.html

After creating the new repository, I verified the connection to the S3 bucket with the following API call:

POST /_snapshot/es-s3-demo/_verify

I get the node ids, which is good.

However, when I am trying to restore the snapshot from the new Elasticsearch on AWS, I get the following error:

{
  "error" : {
    "root_cause" : [
      {
        "type" : "parsing_exception",
        "reason" : "Failed to parse object: unknown field [uuid] found",
        "line" : 1,
        "col" : 25
      }
    ],
    "type" : "repository_exception",
    "reason" : "[es-s3-demo] Unexpected exception when loading repository data",
    "caused_by" : {
      "type" : "parsing_exception",
      "reason" : "Failed to parse object: unknown field [uuid] found",
      "line" : 1,
      "col" : 25
    }
  },
  "status" : 500
}

I tried to list the snapshot with the following API call:

GET /_cat/snapshots/es-s3-demo

and I get the same error. It looks like Elasticsearch's snapshot repository is connected to the S3 bucket but didn't get any snapshot list.

Any suggest?

0 Answers
Related