RStudio crashes for me whenever I try to use a different language engine like Python (anaconda or Python) or Julia. I can run library(reticulate) and library(JuliaCall) but when I actually start typing in a code chunk and try to execute python or julia code, the session crashes.
For Julia, I receive a first message that says,
"Error Autosaving File. RStudio was unable to autosave this file. You may need to restart RStudio."
Then I get the
"R Session Aborted"
message with the bomb and 'Start New Session' button. No code or other messaging is provided in RStudio.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled R, Python and Julia multiple times with no resolution.
When I try to use pure R and Julia, for example, below is the output (no messages for Python unfortunately). I am more interested in getting Python up and running in RStudio.
library(JuliaCall)
julia_setup()
Julia version 1.6.3 at location /Applications/Julia-1.6.app/Contents/Resources/julia/bin will be used.
*** caught segfault *** address 0xfffffffffffffff8, cause 'memory not mapped'
Traceback: 1: juliacall_initialize(.julia$dll_file, .julia$bin_dir, img_abs_path) 2: julia_setup()
Possible actions: 1: abort (with core dump, if enabled) 2: normal R exit 3: exit R without saving workspace 4: exit R saving workspace ERROR: Selection:
Macbook Pro
Processor - 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
Memory - 2 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
OS - MacOS Big Sur v11.6
R version 4.1.1
Rstudio 2021.09.0 Build 351
Anaconda version 1.7.2
Julia 1.6

