No such file or directory

Viewed 1087

So I’m in the process of creating a new maven project on IntelliJ

From a many google searches I saw one that said it can happen from using two screens which I am.

So to create a new project I took these steps.

  • Github
  • Created new repository
  • Copied SSH key
  • Opened terminal and wrote
  • cd Documents/git/
  • Git clone “pasted SSH “
  • Added a collaborator

Then went on terminal to write :

cd Documents/git/Summer2021_Framework/

git branch to check if I’m in & I get an error message saying : no such file or directory.

My folder is in the right place in documents, then git than its own folder called Summer2021_Framework usually it’ll be a location problem, but it is not. What should I do?

1 Answers

Git clone “pasted SSH “

You are supposed to use an SSH URL, not SSH key:

cd Documents/git
git clone git@github.com:<you>/Summer2021_Framework
cd Summer2021_Framework

Then you can start working.

Related