First time working with Google Cloud Storage. Below I have a cloud function which is triggered whenever a csv file gets uploaded to my-folder inside my bucket. My goal is to create a new csv file in the same folder, read the contents of the uploaded csv and convert each line to a URL that will go into the newly created csv. Problem is I'm having trouble just creating the new csv in the first place, let alone actually writing to it.
My code:
import os.path
import csv
import sys
import json
from csv import reader, DictReader, DictWriter
from google.cloud import storage
from io import StringIO
def generate_urls(data, context):
if context.event_type == 'google.storage.object.finalize':
storage_client = storage.Client()
bucket_name = data['bucket']
bucket = storage_client.get_bucket(bucket_name)
folder_name = 'my-folder'
file_name = data['name']
if not file_name.endswith('.csv'):
return
These next few lines came from an example in GCP's GitHub repo. This is when I would expect the new csv to be created, but nothing happens.
# Prepend 'URL_' to the uploaded file name for the name of the new csv
destination = bucket.blob(bucket_name + '/' + file_name[:14] + 'URL_' + file_name[14:])
destination.content_type = 'text/csv'
sources = [bucket.get_blob(file_name)]
destination.compose(sources)
output = bucket_name + '/' + file_name[:14] + 'URL_' + file_name[14:]
# Transform uploaded csv to string - this was recommended on a similar SO post, not sure if this works or is the right approach...
blob = bucket.blob(file_name)
blob = blob.download_as_string()
blob = blob.decode('utf-8')
blob = StringIO(blob)
input_csv = csv.reader(blob)
On the next line is where I get an error: No such file or directory: 'myProjectId/my-folder/URL_my_file.csv'
with open(output, 'w') as output_csv:
csv_dict_reader = csv.DictReader(input_csv, )
csv_writer = csv.DictWriter(output_csv, fieldnames=['URL'], delimiter=',', quotechar='"', quoting=csv.QUOTE_ALL)
csv_writer.writeheader()
line_count = 0
for row in csv_dict_reader:
line_count += 1
url = ''
...
# code that converts each line
...
csv_writer.writerow({'URL': url})
print(f'Total rows: {line_count}')
If anyone has any suggestions on how I could get this to create the new csv and then write to it, it would be a huge help. Thank you!