Why was a build cancelled in Azure DevOps?

Viewed 456

A YAML build pipeline execution was cancelled in Azure DevOps. No logs are available for download. How do I find out why it was cancelled?

This execution was started automatically by Bitbucket to verify a pull request. I might figure out the reason of cancellation if I review Bitbucket's webhook logs (if Bitbucket has cancelled it), but is there a way to find it out from Azure DevOps?

Knowing what event or user have triggered cancellation is enough.

1 Answers

Any pipelines run started in Azure DevOps should be visible in https://dev.azure.com/YOURORGANIZATION/YOURTEAMPROJECT/_build?view=runs (replace YOURORGANIZATION and YOURTEAMPROJECT with your own). Another way is to check the Agent Pool (but then you'll need to know which Agent Pool was used);

  1. Navigate to your organization: https://dev.azure.com/YOURORGANIZATION
  2. Click Organization settings in the right bottom corner
  3. Click Agent pools under Pipelines
  4. Choose the Agent Pool
  5. Then you see the jobs that reached an Agent

From either of the two options, you should be able to check the logs or warnings to find out what is wrong.

If it's not there, it never started, and you should check BitBucket.

Related