"wfastcgi-enable" showing "Ensure your user has sufficient privileges and try again." How to resolve this?

Viewed 1739

While trying to run "wfastcgi-enable" to deploy my Django code on IIS, it's showing this error:

ERROR ( message:New application object missing required attributes. Cannot add duplicate collection entry of type 'application' with combined key attributes 'fullPath, arguments' respectively set to 'C:\Users\paritosh\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\python.exe, C:\Users\paritosh\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\lib\site-packages\wfastcgi.py'
. )
An error occurred running the command:

['C:\\Windows\\system32\\inetsrv\\appcmd.exe', 'set', 'config', '/section:system.webServer/fastCGI', "/+[fullPath='C:\\Users\\paritosh\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python39\\python.exe', arguments='C:\\Users\\paritosh\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python39\\lib\\site-packages\\wfastcgi.py', signalBeforeTerminateSeconds='30']"]

Ensure your user has sufficient privileges and try again.

I tried running CMD in Administrator Mode as well, it didn't work.

3 Answers

Can you please tell what changes you made in the settings file? Sorry, I had to post this as an answer as I dont have commenting rights yet.

wfastcgi-disable

and execute this

wfastcgi-enable

It is possible that it requires more permissions.

To solve this you have to open your terminal in administration mode

You can do this [Click right] on your mouse

Related