I'm new to Azure Cosmos DB and I have this new project where I decided to give it a go.
My DB has only one collection where around 6,000 new items are added everyday and each looks like this
{
"Result": "Pass",
"date": "23-Sep-2021",
"id": "user1@example.com"
}
The date is partition key and it will be the date of which the item was added to the collection where the same id can be added again everyday as follows
{
"Result": "Fail",
"date": "24-Sep-2021",
"id": "user1@example.com"
}
The application that uses this DB will query by id and date to retrieve the Result.
I read some Azure Cosmos DB documentations and found that selecting the partition key very carefully can improve the performance of the database and RUs used for each request.
I tried running this query and it consumed 2.9 RUs where the collection has about 23,000 items.
SELECT * FROM c
WHERE c.id = 'user1@example.com' AND c.date = '24-Sep-2021'
Here are my questions
- Is using
datea good partition key for my scenario? Any rooms for improvements? - Will consumed RUs per request increase over time if number of items in collection increase?
Thanks.