SciPy - from_rotvec() taking no keyword arguments

Viewed 178

I am trying to undertake a 3D transformation using SciPy using a rotation vector that is in degrees.

I am using the following to test the setup:

from scipy.spatial.transform import Rotation as R
import numpy as np

vector = np.array([1, 0, 0])
r = R.from_rotvec(np.array([0, 0, 90]), degrees=True)

however, it is throwing the following error:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
TypeError                                 Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-33-73e8ed4e3d51> in <module>
      1 vector = np.array([1, 0, 0])
----> 2 r = R.from_rotvec(np.array([0, 0, 90]), degrees=True)
      3 r.as_matrix()

TypeError: from_rotvec() takes no keyword arguments

The documentation (https://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/scipy.spatial.transform.Rotation.from_rotvec.html) states that from_rotvec should take degrees=True as a keyword argument (and I actually took my test example from the SciPy docs).

Does anyone know why this TypeError is being generated?

1 Answers

I suspect the problem is that you are running a different version of SciPy than the one the documents are describing.

Related