NOTE: this question is specifically for support staff of the HERE Developer API because they ask freemium users to post support questions on Stack Overflow rather than trying to contact them directly. If you're not a member of their staff and you're unable to help or if the question is unclear to you, don't worry about it. :)
How can I handle duplicated listings returned by the search endpoints? I use both /autosuggest and /discover and I've noticed that some businesses are duplicated with very slight differences in their properties except for their IDs. However in the HERE mobile app, those duplicates don't show up. Specific examples are:
- Pizza 24: the IDs of the duplicates we've seen are
here:pds:place:8409q5c3-5b06808fd3b838ae0660eb1d8085822fandhere:pds:place:8409q5c3-0d53d37882a748c2aaa58782989b63e5 - Lenzini's Pizza: the IDs of the duplicates we've seen are
here:pds:place:8409q5c3-d0bbc81a1b199188ff9194b6ab093ac1andhere:pds:place:8403fv6k-3f99756021610424619424385003db58. The screenshot below from the HERE mobile app shows that all the displayed results are unique places, but these duplicates are for the place at12740 Culver Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90066, United States(second place in the screenshot)
- Manhattan Pizzeria: the IDs of the duplicates we've seen are
here:pds:place:8409q5bc-16fff9dec3584963a0361aaada0af8c6andhere:pds:place:840jx7ps-ad85328ee4230ae0ea9a64aad3b5af4c
It's clear that there's a way that the HERE team gets around this problem, so I'd like to replicate that for myself if possible. Thanks! :)