Metrics sent via Datadog HTTP API does not get reflected in Metric Explorer

Viewed 796

Referring to Datadog's 'Submit metrics' API documentation, I've tried sending metrics with following payload using Postman:

{
    "series": [
        {
            "metric": "IvanPOCMetric",
            "points": [
                [
                    "${NOW}",
                    "1234.5"
                ]
            ]           
        }
    ]
}

The response was successful (202 Accepted) with following response body:

{
    "status": "ok"
}

However, when I try to search for my submitted metrics, via either 'Search metrics' API or Datadog Metric Explorer, I'm unable to find IvanPOCMetric.

Is there any issue with my request payload above? Or is there additional configuration needed to be done on Datadog portal to correctly 'register' the custom metric?

Thanks in advance.

1 Answers

Managed to get it work! The payload need to be fixed as follow:

  1. Use numeric tuple for points input, with timestamp and metric value pair.
  2. The timestamp need to be seconds from Epoch, not milliseconds.
Related