I've already have TimescaleDB continuous aggregate view. I want add one column with aggregated minimum values. I don't want recreate, because the view has older data than basic. Does TimescaleDB support this action?
I've already have TimescaleDB continuous aggregate view. I want add one column with aggregated minimum values. I don't want recreate, because the view has older data than basic. Does TimescaleDB support this action?
No you cannot alter columns in continuous aggregates (yet). You need to drop it and recreate it with the proper columns.
Edit: In case you have data in the cont. agg based on older data that's not available anymore in the hypertable, you have two options:
OPTION 1: Insert the materialized data back into the hypertable. Then create the new cont. agg. with the new column(s) + need to disable the data retention policy until the new CAgg is done refreshing the older data. (Important: with this solution, if you run sth like AVG() the data that comes back might not be totally accurate)
OPTION 2: UNION the old cont. agg. when querying the new one (in this case you wouldn't have the new column(s) for older data)