I'm using dotenv-webpack to set up the enviornment varibles from webpack. And push my code build to S3 then. I set up .env file on my local with APP_BASE = http://localhost:3000 inside .env.
I have created the github action workflow.yml:
name: React CI
on:
push:
branches:
- "main"
jobs:
build:
runs-on: ubuntu-latest
strategy:
matrix:
node-version: [15.x]
steps:
- uses: actions/checkout@v1
- run: npm install
- run: npm run build
- uses: jakejarvis/s3-sync-action@master
with:
args: --acl public-read --follow-symlinks --delete
env:
AWS_S3_BUCKET: ${{ secrets.AWS_S3_BUCKET }}
AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID: ${{ secrets.AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID }}
AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY: ${{ secrets.AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY }}
AWS_REGION: "ap-southeast-2"
SOURCE_DIR: "dist"
APP_BASE: ${{ secrets.APP_BASE }}
On my github actions secrets, I have added the secrets:
on webpack settings, I have set systemvars: true:
plugins: [
new Dotenv({
systemvars: true,
}),
It's working on my localhost.
I didn't commit .env file to my repository, and when I push code to github, github console output: Failed to load ./.env..
When I check the compiled file, it shows var e="MISSING_ENV_VAR".APP_BASE;. That means github action didn't catch the APP_BASE on the secrets.
How can I fix this issue?

