I have one powerful machine(remote machine), accessible through SSH. My data is stored at remote machine.
I want to run & access data on the remote machine. For this, I ran a dask-scheduler & a dask-worker on the remote machine. Then I ran a jupyter notebook on my laptop (local machine) with client=Client(‘schedular-ip:8786’), but it still refer data on the local machine, not of the remote machine.
How do I refer to data of the remote machine from notebook, running on the local machine?
import dask.dataframe as dd
from dask.distributed import Client
client = Client('remote-ip:8786')
ddf = dd.read_csv(
'remote-machine-file.csv',
header=None,
assume_missing=True,
dtype=object,
)
It fails with
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
IndexError Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-37-17d26dadb3a8> in <module>
----> 1 ddf = dd.read_csv('remote-machine-file.csv', header=None, assume_missing=True, dtype=object)
/usr/local/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dask/dataframe/io/csv.py in read(urlpath, blocksize, lineterminator, compression, sample, sample_rows, enforce, assume_missing, storage_options, include_path_column, **kwargs)
735 storage_options=storage_options,
736 include_path_column=include_path_column,
--> 737 **kwargs,
738 )
739
/usr/local/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dask/dataframe/io/csv.py in read_pandas(reader, urlpath, blocksize, lineterminator, compression, sample, sample_rows, enforce, assume_missing, storage_options, include_path_column, **kwargs)
520
521 # Infer compression from first path
--> 522 compression = infer_compression(paths[0])
523
524 if blocksize == "default":
IndexError: list index out of range