Detect change in google sheet and perform action- sheets API

Viewed 518

I'm trying to create a python script with google sheets api to: When I write a new name in the first row of a google sheet document, retrieve info from a database and pre-populate the next three rows with the info in the database (if that name is in the database) (know it sounds strange but it's not for my own use). I thought about having a script running all of the time and whenever it detects that there's a change in the first row, retrieve the info from SQL and write it to the sheet.

I've read a lot of the official documentation, however, I don't find how I can detect those changes to perform the action. Thus, I would like to know how I could approach this (and if it's even possible or not).

I hope I've explained it well, if something is unclear, feel free to ask me. I would be really thankful if someone could help me!

0 Answers
Related