Including a C library inside a Python application

Viewed 86

I've looked around (including StackOverflow) but can't really find something similar to my case so I'll just ask it here. I'm building an application with Python (it is currently a source code that I'm planning to turn into a Windows executable) and is using this library: https://github.com/xiph/rnnoise. It is not a Python package but a third-party library written primarily in C.

Since I have to install it into my computer in order to use the library inside my code, I want to ask if there is a way to include this library along with the executable so that anyone can just download and use it without having to set up the library? This is important since I can only set up the library on a Linux machine and the executable needs to work with the library platform-independently.

Update: Thanks to Vimalan E and Marat, I had a bit more clue on what I need to do. I was managed to locate the .so files of my required library after running make install on it. The question left is I don't know how to link it with an executable that will be made from my Python source code. For now, I want to include the library as a binary file along with my application (though I am not sure how to achieve that, maybe putting putting the .so near the .exe should do the trick).

Thank you.

0 Answers
Related